Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh so thats how you get hired...

After reading a few of the articles about the interview process I have been able to log several things that will definitely help me in my future interviews. Having been on three internships since coming to Clemson I have been through the hiring process several times. The interview was one of my major selling points but at the end of the interview when it is time for me to start asking questions about the job and to interview the future employer. In the article "It's your Turn: What to Ask an Interviewer" gave me some great ideas to continue the interview and learn more about the job and to show the interviewer my interest. In the several interviews that I have been a part of there has been one interview that I felt uncomfortable because the interviewer was not the best communicator and did not interview like you owuld expect. Reading through "Turning the Tables on a Bad Interviewer" it explained that not everyone is a great interviewer just like not everyone aces the interview, but just by asking some questions and trying to fill in the pauses that he or she might create it will make both of you more comfortable and create a better atmosphere.

No comments: