Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cover letters

Having been through the interview process several times and written up a resume and cover letter a few times I have understood the major points that have been talked about so far in this class about the cover letter and its importance. It was interesting how it was put about the cover letter being not about you but more about what you are going to offer the business or employer and what they can also do for you. I have never been told that as much as just advertising yourself. I think it is a better idea than what I had been taught because it adds to the resume and gives you even more layers to your abilities and skills. Also it is so true about how it is important to individualise each resume and cover letter for each and every job.

4 comments:

rpainte said...

Hey, this is Rob. Just wanted to let you know I wrote about your presentation on my blog.

Marie said...

Hey Shawn!
Just wanted to let you know I wrote about you in my blog. Have a terrific weekend!

Grant said...

Shawn, just letting you know that I really like your presentation and wrote about it on my blog. See ya in class.

Sara B said...

Hey Shawn! I thought your presentation was really interesting! It was one of the three that I put in my blog. Just letting you know :)